Monday, June 18, 2007

Samsung Opens New Fully Automated $3.5B Fab in Austin. Recruiter Impressed by Free 1GB Flash Drive


http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8POOSAG2.html
http://www.statesman.com/business/content/business/stories/technology/06/15/15samsung.html

So last Thursday (June 14th) I attended the ribbon cutting ceremony at the new Samsung fab in North Austin. The technology is actually very neat, it is a fully automated 300mm NAND fab that needs very few people to actually run it.

As if that was not impressive enough, the Governor was there, the Mayor, a Senator and some of the top Samsung Executives. I suppose I could go look up everyones name and act like I know off the top of my head, but I am guessing that those who care, already know.

The coolest parts were:
4. The Bald Eagle swooping over the VIP seating area during the national anthem.
3. LeAnn Rimes singing the anthem
2. Sitting in the VIP area because recruiters "know everyone" and it was REALLY hot!
1. Getting a free Samsung 1GB flash drive as a departing gift.

1 comment:

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Hi Sweetie! Love your new blog!

xo Shell